Bold Viking is a Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle developed by UMS-Norway. Bold Viking’s most important feature is its unique ability to fly proficiently at high speed to reach a potential target and loiter efficiently around it at relatively low speed. Bold Viking’ design incorporates a ducted fan system which improves propulsion efficiency while compared with conventional propeller powered aircraft.
Optimum Solutions participation is this project includes:
- Coordination of L-3 Communication Geneva Aerospace’s flightTEK Flight Control System Integration.
- Electromechanical Actuators Selection.
- Aircraft’s Design and Performance Evaluation.
- Landing Gear Design, Optimization and Fabrication.
- Flight Testing.
- Payload Selection.
- Export Licenses for all ITAR Controlled Items..
More information about Bold Viking’ capabilities can be found at: www.ums-norway.com/