Archimede is a Medium Range Endurance (MRE) UAV currently in development by International Aviation Supply (IAS). The project?s primary objective has been to convert an existing certified manned aircraft into a fully autonomous vehicle.
The Archimede UAV system is consider a versatile platform with the ability to carry multiple payloads. The large payload volume can be modified to accommodate a variety of payload sensors required by the customer ; sensors such as EO/IR cameras,Synthetic Aperture Radar(SAR) etc can be easily installed.
Optimum Solutions responsibilities in the project included:
- Selection and Implementation of Flight Control Hardware.
- Selection and Integration of all Electromechanical Actuators.
- Design and Optimization of a Nonlinear 6 Degree-of-Freedom (6-DOF) Flight Dynamics Model.
- Implementation of L-3 Communication Geneva Aerospace? Variable Autonomy Control System Autopilot Architecture.
- Software in the Loop (SIL) and Processor-in-the-Loop (PIL) Testing.
- Export Licenses for all ITAR Controlled Items..
More information about Archimedes’ capabilities can be found at: www.interaviosup.it